Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm really bad at this blogging thing

So sorry for the freakishly long delay. I got the new power-cord for my laptop absolute ages ago, and completely forgot to update. So, in the past few weeks, I have:
  • eaten "pain frites". The French, in all their culinary ingenuity, decided that french fries make wonderful garnish on sandwiches. And (at least on college campuses) this has been taken even further, and you can buy a small baguette stuffed with fries. I kid you not. I believe it ranks up there with twinkies on the scale of how likely the food is to give you a heart attack
  • become obsessed with two French musicals, "Notre Dame de Paris", and "Le Petit Prince", both based on novels. Le Petit Prince is one of my favourite stories of all times. I cry like a baby every time I read it. Notre Dame de Paris is better known as the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Ohmigosh, that show has the most intricate staging and choreography. It's so cool to watch.
  • studied the subjunctive tense. Again. There's a wide range of ability in our class, and three or four people hadn't ever studied it before. As it's rather important, we're being drilled on it once more.
  • gone to Lyon again. I had to go for a medical exam to get my "carte de sejour" (think the French version of a green card). I got my lungs x-rayed, got weighed and measured, and they checked my vision and blood pressure. I'm all nice and normal! I also visited a bunch of churches while I was there, and we discovered a Starbucks! YAY!
  • eaten at "Quick", which is a French fast food restaurant. They make amazing burgers! Definitely a rival of McDonalds ("Macdo" in French) on that front. McDonalds still makes the best fries anywhere. Still trying to find Tex-Mex. I am totally attacking a qdoba burrito as soon as I'm back in the States
Other than that, my life is still pretty routine. I started a "Culture and Civilization" class, and an Art History class, and both of those are pretty fun. I've got the same teacher for each class, and she's absolutely insane! She gets so enthusiastic about everything. One of the girls in my Art History class and I decided she's like Professor Trewlany from the Harry Potter books. So that's about the whole of it. For serious, if anyone ever has questions, or ideas about what I should blog about, let me know! I feel all boring, since I almost never go anywhere.

1 comment:

KansaiKristen08 said...

You're great at this blogging thing! Keep it up. More posts, please!

I want to know more about your daily routine. How do you get to class? Do you take a bus or walk? How far away is campus? (By the way, what's the name of your school? I have no idea!) What kinds of things do you pass on the way? Are there many trees? What are the sidewalks like? Are houses mixed in with shops? I want details!